Due to the ongoing need to maintain social distancing amidst COVID-19, the capacity for all classrooms, computer labs, conference rooms, auditoriums, libraries and other public spaces has been severely curtailed. Per URMC guidelines, these spaces must allow for at least 40 square feet per person, as well as 6 feet of distancing between individuals.
This information, and more, can be found in the attached Covid19 SMD Redesign Guidelines. This document outlines parameters for education delivery and includes a listing of current capacity for IIE classrooms, conference rooms, study space and auditoriums.
Given the revised space capacities and guidelines around the use of space, we may no longer be able to confirm existing reservations through the end of December. These requests may need to be cancelled or updated. Therefore, we kindly ask that you review your current requests for space, and contact us to cancel or update, as needed. Please include your event confirmation number to facilitate this process.
With regards to education delivery and space, the guidelines essentially state that:
For all educational programming:
- Face to face learning is restricted to experiential learning and patient care. Lectures and didactic instruction must be conducted over Zoom.
- Any face to face learning must adhere to revised space occupancy guidelines.
- All participants need to wear face masks and/or appropriate PPE.
For other activities in IIE/CEL spaces:
- Groups and individuals are encouraged to utilize Zoom for gatherings through December 2020.
- For face to face activities, groups must adhere to the revised space occupancy guidelines determined by IIE.
- All participants must wear face masks in these spaces at all times.
Flaum and Saunders Research Building Atriums:
These spaces will be set up with additional, socially distanced seating in order to serve as transition spaces. They will not be available for event booking.
Miner Library will reopen to SMD, SON, and Graduate students via the swipe access entrance only beginning July 20. Masks are required. For information about all other services, please visit our website https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/libraries/miner.
We understand the impact that these space restrictions will have on students, staff, faculty and guests of our institution, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unusual and rapidly changing situation.
Due to COVID-19, the maximum occupancy of rooms has been reduced. Please refer to this document for current capacities.
School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD)
Saunders Research Building (SRB)