Due to the ongoing need to maintain social distancing amidst COVID-19, the capacity for all classrooms, computer labs, conference rooms, auditoriums, libraries and other public spaces has been severely curtailed. Per URMC guidelines, these spaces must allow for 6 feet of distancing between individuals. In addition, current URMC and NYS guidelines concerning in-person gatherings, must be adhered to. Please visit URMC Redesigned for more information.
Given the revised space capacities and guidelines around the use of space, we may no longer be able to confirm existing reservations through June, 2021. These requests may need to be cancelled or updated. Therefore, we kindly ask that you review your current requests for space, and contact us to cancel or update, as needed. Please include your event confirmation number to facilitate this process.
With regards to education delivery and space, the guidelines essentially state that:
For all educational programming:
- Face to face learning is restricted to experiential learning and patient care. Lectures and didactic instruction must be conducted over Zoom.
- Any face to face learning must adhere to revised space occupancy guidelines.
- All participants need to wear face masks and/or appropriate PPE.
For other activities in IIE/CEL spaces:
- Groups and individuals are encouraged to utilize Zoom for gatherings through June 2021.
- For face to face activities, groups must adhere to the revised space occupancy guidelines determined by IIE.
- All participants must wear face masks in these spaces at all times.
This space will be set up with additional, socially distanced seating in order to serve as transition spaces. It will not be available for event booking until further notice.
This space is being used as a vaccination point of delivery for patients. It will not be available for event booking until further notice.
Miner Library is open to SMD, SON, and Graduate students via the swipe access entrance. Masks are required. For information about all other services, please visit our website https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/libraries/miner.
We understand the impact that these space restrictions will have on students, staff, faculty and guests of our institution, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unusual and rapidly changing situation.
Due to COVID-19, the maximum occupancy of rooms has been reduced. Please refer to this document for current capacities.
School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD)
Saunders Research Building (SRB)