Center For Liver Disease
The Center for Liver Disease at URMC provides the most advanced and comprehensive services in the area for patients with liver disease. We offer our patients a unique combination: world-class treatments, in a center that is highly personal and accessible.
- We provide a complete range of liver disease services, including both transplant and non-transplant hepatology.
- We are a multi-disciplinary center. So we are able to provide all the specialists you might need – including hepatologists, oncologists, rheumatologists and others – without sending you to another center.
- We are the only liver transplant center in the region.
- We are able to see patients rapidly, often the very next day.
- Our team-based decision-making approach expedites your care while involving doctors from many different disciplines.
- Our doctors make a practice of following up on patients, often calling them between appointments.
Liver Disease We Treat
Our center is experienced in the treatment of all diseases of the liver, including the following:
- Hepatitis B and C
- Fatty liver disease
- Metabolic liver disease
- Alpha A antitrypsin deficiency
- Wilson's Disease
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Auto immune liver disease
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Auto immune hepatitis
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Liver failure
URMC's Center for Liver Diseases' team includes Medical Director Bandar Al-Judaibi, M.D.; Chief of the Comprehensive Liver Center Mark Levstik, M.D.; and Chief of Solid Organ Transplant Surgery Roberto Hernandez-Alejandro, M.D.
For more information on the Center for Liver Disease or to make an appointment, call us at (585) 275-4711.