The health care providers in the Nephrology Division at the University of Rochester Medical Center provide all of the inpatient and outpatient nephrology care to patients at Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, FF Thompson Hospital and St. James.
Our collaborative environment fosters among our physicians a wide range of expertise and diverse perspectives on patient care. For the fourth year in a row, the division has been recognized by U.S. News & World Reports as one of the top adult nephrology care centers in the country.
Our services include:
- Kidney transplantation services, including pre-transplant care and post-transplant follow-up
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Acute (inpatient) and chronic (outpatient) hemodialysis
- Home dialysis, including home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Inpatient continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) and plasmapheresis
- Kidney biopsy
- Active medical management of ESRD without dialysis (conservative management) – non-dialysis pathway
The division also works across departments to collaborate with: