Mental Health Care for All Stages of a Woman's Life
If you’re struggling emotionally, you’re not alone. The UR Medicine Women’s Mental Health and Wellness Program is here to help. We understand that your physical health and your mental health are closely connected.
We offer a variety of services focused on treating your mental health needs, like challenges related to pregnancy, depression or anxiety problems, menopause, relationship conflict, and more.
We treat mental health concerns which people often experience when living with a range of situations and conditions, such as:
- Adjusting to pregnancy and parenthood
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Managing medication, especially while pregnant or breastfeeding
- Miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Partner violence
- Postpartum depression prevention
- Relationship conflict
- Stress related to trying to conceive
Our team is made up of psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists, and mental health counselors who offer counseling, education, and medication consultation. We provide care together with treatments prescribed by your OB/GYN doctor, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant or midwife. We welcome all patients from the practices listed below, including LGBTQ+.
And, you don’t have to go far to access our services. Your appointment with us will be right at your usual women’s health office – so your care is easy to get to.
Our team offers services that can help, like:
- Individual, couple, and family counseling: Sessions with counselors who teach you strategies for coping with stress, anxiety and depression related to women’s health issues.
- Pain management: Comprehensive evaluations, including gynecological specialty care (medical and surgical), and behavioral management of chronic pain.
- Medication consultations: A meeting with a psychiatrist to learn about taking psychiatric medications while trying to conceive, during pregnancy, postpartum, and while breastfeeding.
- Prevention: Educational programs to support pregnant women and prevent postpartum depression.
- Behavioral health care management during pregnancy: Flexible in-person or phone sessions with a mental health therapist who works with you and your OB/GYN clinician to reduce depression or anxiety during pregnancy.
Our services are available at the locations below. Please speak with your OB/GYN clinician for a referral.