PM&R Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Program
Several of our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians (Physiatrists) are specialists in the non-surgical treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, including disease or injury of hip, knee, and shoulder joints, and adult sports injuries.
Musculoskeletal diseases and injuries can limit your day to day activities and prevent you from doing the things you enjoy, whether it is cooking, playing sports, travel, or many other activities. Our goal is to help you eliminate or reduce musculoskeletal pain so you can return to the activities you enjoy.
Physiatrists specialize in conservative, non-surgical treatment of diseases and injuries. Our treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Prescription of non-narcotic medications
- Injections to relieve pain and inflammation, such as cortisone injections for the hip, knee, and shoulder
- Viscosupplementation (gel injections) for the knee
- Non-surgical treatments such as Coolief (nerve ablation) for the knee
- Trigger point injections for myofascial neck pain
- Use of braces and other orthotic devices
- Physical and occupational therapy
Your physiatrist and care team will partner with you to provide the treatment that is most effective in helping you return to fulfilling life. We also partner with the Orthopaedic surgeons at UR Medicine. If surgery may be required, we can communicate with and refer to the appropriate surgeons.
Our Musculoskeletal Team
Please call (585) 275-5321 for an appointment.
Nathan Barford, D.O., Division Chief Musculoskeletal/Arthritis Management
Kurt Hauber, M.D.
Rondy Michael Lazaro, M.D.
Eric Morrison, M.D., M.Sc., Inpatient Division Chief & Medical Director
Jennifer Paul, M. D., Residency Director
Sara Z. Salim, M.D., Associate Residency Director