Psychology Internship & Fellowship
Welcome from the Director
Photo: Psychology Training Welcome Picnic 2017 - interns, postdocs, faculty, family, and friends!
We are delighted you found our website and may consider joining us in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center. We offer an APA accredited* Doctoral Internship with two tracks (Adult, and Child/Adolescent), and an APA accredited** Postdoctoral Fellowship with two tracks (Integrated Care Family, and Child/Adolescent).
Our Psychology training programs prepare outstanding clinical psychologists for careers in patient care, teaching, scientific research, and administration. We strive to build competency in diagnosing and treating psychological distress, with diverse populations, in a variety of clinical and community settings. We encourage all of our trainees to develop supervision, research and administration acumen, and provide many unique opportunities for such growth.
The core values that guide our programs reflect our dedication to academic excellence, community connection, and collegiality.
Core Values of the Clinical Psychology Training Programs:
- Provide culturally sensitive, person-centered care to individuals and families experiencing psychological distress or mental disorders across the lifespan
- Embrace an interdisciplinary approach to psychological services, education, and research, while also developing each trainee’s professional identity as a psychologist
- Integrate science and practice in a manner that promotes effective psychological assessment and intervention approaches in the populations we serve
- Foster community and university partnerships that are mutually responsive and beneficial
- Cultivate a supportive, collaborative work environment that fosters free expression of ideas and promotes optimal professional development
We invite you to explore this website and learn more specific details about your program of interest. If you have any questions, please feel free contact the psychology training coordinator, Linda Brown, at Linda_Brown@urmc.rochester.edu or 585-275-3563. We would love to hear from you.
* The Doctoral Internship Program has been accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) since 1971, and was reaccredited in April 2016. The next site visit is scheduled for 2022.
**The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program has been accredited since 2003, and was reaccredited in October 2014. The next site visit is scheduled for 2021.
American Psychological Association
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation,
750 First Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979