Take a tour to learn about the program and its sites.
"We care deeply about the integration of psychology into the health care system at large, and highly value interdisciplinary care. Under the close mentorship of our accomplished faculty, the internship year provides a unique opportunity to build your confidence, step outside your comfort zone, and start finding your voice. Trainees are essential to our institution, and we rely heavily on their feedback for enhancing our program. We look forward to getting to know you!"
Renee Madathil, Ph.D., CBIS Director, Psychology Internship - Adult Track
Interns in the Adult Psychology Track participate in a multitude of learning opportunities that help them establish foundational knowledge and skills in general clinical training, preparing them for careers in patient care, teaching or research. Diverse clinical opportunities develop interns' competence in assessment, treatment planning, and treatment implementation amongst diverse patient populations. Interns participate in several didactics throughout the year to support their learning, have the opportunity to serve in the role of supervisor to other trainees, and may engage in leadership roles based on individual learning plans.
2023 - 2024 Clinical Psychology Adult Track Doctoral Interns
Science is at the core of health service psychology. The internship addresses the competencies for the Standards of Accreditation: research; ethical and legal standards; individual and cultural diversity; professional values, attitudes, and behaviors; communication and interpersonal skills; assessment; intervention; supervision; and consultation and interprofessional/interdisciplinary skills.
- Outstanding clinical training sites in inpatient and outpatient settings that serve diverse patient populations
- Specialty track in a Spanish-speaking adult outpatient mental health clinic
- Specialty track in Deaf mental health, within our nationally-recognized Deaf Wellness Center
- Specialty training in suicide prevention
- Protected time to develop academic interests, leadership skills, and your professional identity as a psychologist via electives and leadership projects
- Interdisciplinary collaboration within the department and across the medical center
- Accomplished faculty providing sustained mentorship
- Frequent meetings with training directors to discuss training plans and development
Lazos Fuertes - Adult Mental Health Clinic
Caroline Silva, PhD, shares information on a UR Medicine outpatient mental health clinic that serves Spanish-speaking adults.
Deaf Wellness Center
Donna Guardino, PhD and Amanda O'Hearn, PhD share experiences at URMC.