Family, Food and Fun
Family, Food and Fun, in partnership with Foodlink, the Greater Rochester Health Foundation and Rochester Housing Authority, is a 16-week, community-based group program intended for families living in public housing communities with children ages 2 to 16.
Each session promotes increased physical activity and healthy eating as a way to prevent or manage conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Two, 90-minute sessions each week.
- Free, healthy meals at every session.
- Nutrition education including information on portion sizes, reading food labels, sugar and salt intake, healthy food choices and food preparation assistance.
- Each session includes a minimum of 10 minutes of physical activity. Physical fitness increases five minutes each week to reach a maximum of 45 minutes per session.
- Every household receives a $10 Foodlink food voucher to buy fruits and vegetables from the Curbside Food Truck.
- Residents learn tips and develop skills they can continue using once the program is complete.
Hear from Program Participants
For more information or to schedule the program in your community contact Lucas Santana, Health Project Coordinator, at (585) 224-3508 or Lucas_Santana@URMC.Rochester.edu