Family, Food and Fun
Funding for this program has recently ended.
Family, Food and Fun, in partnership with Foodlink, the Greater Rochester Health Foundation and Rochester Housing Authority, was a 16-week, community-based group program intended for families living in public housing communities with children ages 2 to 16.
Each session promoted increased physical activity and healthy eating as a way to prevent or manage conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Two, 90-minute sessions each week.
- Free, healthy meals at every session.
- Nutrition education including information on portion sizes, reading food labels, sugar and salt intake, healthy food choices and food preparation assistance.
- Each session included a minimum of 10 minutes of physical activity. Physical fitness increased five minutes each week to reach a maximum of 45 minutes per session.
- Every household received a $10 Foodlink food voucher to buy fruits and vegetables from the Curbside Food Truck.
- Residents learned tips and developed skills they can continue using throughout their lives.
Hear from Program Participants
For more information on the program, contact Pamela Bailie at (585) 224-2065 or by email.