Welcome to URBEST!
URBEST Application Enrollment Open
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
If you are not a URBEST trainee yet, please consider joining the Program. All biomedical and health sciences PhD graduate students and postdoctoral affiliates (SMD and River Campus) are eligible to participate in University of Rochester’s BEST Program. URBEST trainees will be selected twice a year (November and June) through the application process, and ongoing program offerings will be held throughout the year. You will need a CV or resume to complete enrollment online.
More information about the URBEST Orientation for June Applications will be announced soon. If you have any questions, please email Eric Vaughn.
Jennifer Judge, Ph.D.
SMD, Ph.D. Graduate '17, Toxicology
Regulatory Scientist (CMC) @ Cook MyoSite
Career Story w/ Jennifer Judge, Ph.D.
Should I do a postdoc? My path from an academic postdoc to industry and perspectives on how to answer this question.
Friday, July 10, 2020
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. | Zoom
Presented by Jennifer Judge, Ph.D. (SMD ’17) Toxicology.
Dr. Jennifer Judge will share her career story and path to her current position as a Regulatory Scientist at Cook MyoSite.
Read her full story on our Career Stories @ URBEST Blog.
For more information on this Career Story, please contact Elaine Smolock at Elaine_Smolock@urmc.rochester.edu.
Join this Zoom event at https://urmc.zoom.us/j/98739267456.
Need accommodations? Contact Jen_Prosceo@urmc.rochester.edu at least three business days prior to the event.
Why Choose Us
- You can join a program that identifies and supports bold, innovative approaches to broaden graduate and postdoctoral training, including internship possibilities.
- You need a team of mentors to be successful at the University of Rochester and beyond. No one person can offer you everything.
- You will find out you are “not the only one.” Discover peers across a variety of departments that can support you by sharing their experiences.
- You can expand your network by participating in face-to-face activities and discover opportunities through the URBEST LinkedIn Group.
- URBEST leaders (and contacts) can discuss next steps for your professional development, no matter what career appeals to you
Comments from current and former URBEST Trainees
The URBEST program has helped to show me that there are other career options outside of academia and have made these options feel attainable. It has really helped to end the stigma around academia being the only choice and has done an excellent job of providing resources and training needed to excel in our future career choices! – Emily Warner
URBEST really opens up new opportunities for career avenues outside of tradition academia. Although I am still unsure of my path it has better directed my general interest that will hopefully become more focused as I progress through my program. It also gives me the ability to network with people that could increase my current research scope while increasing possibilities of procuring a job in the future. – Emily Quarato