Diversity Seminar Series
Details of some upcoming lectures and workshops are below. Other seminar dates will be posted to this website as they become available. The Diversity Seminar Series presentations are eligible for up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
All faculty, fellows, residents, students and staff are welcome!
2019-2020 Diversity Seminar Series
We welcome the participation of all faculty, residents, fellows, staff and students at all of the Diversity Seminar Series' events. Resources from the workshops and lectures, including slides and handouts, can be accessed at the permission of the presenters through our Seminar/Workshop Resources page.
September 18 - June 17, 2020 Women's Wednesday Workshop
10-week series is interactive and requires no additional preparation.
Workshops will be held on 3rd Wednesday of the month for 5-6:30 PM,
start date September 18, 2019
Location: 1-9555 Louise Slaughter room
Half Day Conference - Leading, Lessons, and Life: A Career Development Symposium
October 19, 2019 / 08:00AM - 12:00PM / Adolph Lower Auditorium
Co-sponsored by UR Women in Surgery and URMC Office for Inclusion and Culture
Strategic Career Advancement Conversation with a Former Chair
Sponsored by: URMC Office for Inclusion and Culture and Junior Women Faculty
9/26 - 8:00am-9:00am / CEL 2-7536 / Negotiation your future: Defining what you want and what you're worth
10/10 - 4:00pm-5:00pm / CEL 2-7520 / Finding your path to leadership: examples of classic and created opportunities
11/21 - 8:00am-9:00am / CEL 2-7520 / Optimizing mentoring relationships
12/5 - 4:00-5:00pm / CEL 2-7536 / Managing up and down
Diversity Series 2019-2020
- Legal 101 - Friday, October 18, 2019 / 12:00-1:PM / CEL Room 2-7520
- "We are more than numbers" Beneath the notion of a diverse and inclusive space! - Friday, November 1, 2019 / 12:00-1:00PM / CEL 2-7536
- Transgender Health 101 - Tuesday, November 19, 2019 / 12:00-1:00PM / Louise Slaughter 1-9555
- Transgender and LGB Patients: "Addressing Disparities and Health Care Needs" - Thursday, December 5, 2019 / 12:00-1:00PM/ Louise Slaughter 1-9555
- Tana Grady Weliky Lecture - Wednesday, February 12, 2020 / 12:00-1:00PM / Class of 62` Auditorium
- (TBA) - Thursday, February 13, 2020 / 12:00-1:00PM / CEL 2-7536
- Culture Vision - Tuesday, March 10 2020 / 12:00-1:00PM / CEL 2-7536
- (TBA) - Tuesday, March 17 2020 / 12:00-1:00PM/ CEL 2-7536
- Deaf Professionals - Tuesday, April 3, 2020 / 12:00-1:00PM/ Louise Slaughter 1-9555