Histology, Biochemistry, and Molecular Imaging (HBMI) Core
The primary mission of the HBMI Core is to provide efficient, high quality, and cost-effective histological, biochemical, cellular, and molecular services to investigators throughout the Center for Musculoskeletal Research using both tissue and cellular models. The HBMI Core also provides cutting-edge histomorphometric and molecular imaging and analysis services and resources as well as consultation and training in the use of primary cell culture models and small animal surgical models
- Paraffin and frozen tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning.
- Histological staining.
- Guidance and support for standardized Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and In Situ Hybridization (ISH).
- Optimization of new IHC and ISH protocols.
- Guidance and support for histomorphometric and molecular imaging analysis.
- Development and support of various primary cell culture models and biochemical assays.
- Training and support in the performance of a variety of small animal musculoskeletal surgical models.
Sarah Mack, Lab Tech V
Kathy Maltby, Lab Tech IV
(Slide Scanning and Imaging)
Equipment Scheduling (For Internal Use Only)
Microtome Signup (Calendar)
Slide Scanner Signup (Calendar)
Visiopharm Signup (Calendar)
OsteoMeasure Scheduling (Calendar)
Axiolmager Scheduling (Calendar)