URMC / Psychiatry / Education / Psychiatry Residency & Fellowships
Psychiatry Residency & Fellowships
Thank you for your interest in the Psychiatry training programs at the University of Rochester. We are proud to have an ACGME accredited residency program and four ACGME accredited sub-specialty fellowships in child and adolescent psychiatry, consultation-liaison psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, and geriatric psychiatry. These comprehensive programs are deeply valued in our department, the medical center, and the community that we serve. All of our programs have a rich history, and have been developed with attention to five overarching values:
- We have a deep and abiding respect for our patients and the unique trust they afford us;
- We provide patient-centered care across a wide cultural and socioeconomic spectrum;
- We value our identity as physicians, and run our own inpatient and outpatient medicine services geared toward the needs of the mentally ill;
- We are committed to intellectual excellence, including protected educational time and access to a wide range of research opportunities;
- We foster a spirit of camaraderie and mutual support extending across faculty, staff and trainees.
We encourage you to review our programs to see how we make resident and fellow success our driving focus. Please contact us if you have any questions that are not answered in the following pages.
Administrator, Psychiatry Education
University of Rochester Medical Center
300 Crittenden Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14642-8409