COVID Screening Information
In preparation of your upcoming surgery or procedure with Anesthesia there are some things you need to prepare for regarding COVID.
1. All patients must be screened for any COVID symptoms by your surgeon or Proceduralist’s office.
2. Must have COVID-19 PCR test within 5 days before surgery or procedure.
3. COVID-19 swabs must be obtained within 5 days before the date of surgery or procedure. We prefer within 5 days to allow time for the results to return. These swabs cannot be done more than within 5 days before the surgery or procedure with anesthesia. Should the results not be back in time your surgery or procedure could be cancelled.
- If you cannot obtain a COVID test within the 5 day window, please notify your surgeon who can work with you to identify any barriers to testing.
- Any patient who presents on the day of surgery with a test outside of the mandated window will need to be retested and/or could be cancelled, depending on the situation.
4. We offer 3 testing sites which are the preferred locations to obtain the quickest swabbing & results appear in our electronic system.
5.Travel to high risk domestic states, as defined by NYS.
6. Should you test positive for COVID-19.
7. For inpatients: All inpatients are tested upon admission at Strong Memorial, all pre-surgery patients will need to have a COVID swab repeated if the patient has been in the hospital for 7 days before their surgery or procedure
8. If the patient refuses the test, the surgery/ procedure must be cancelled if non-urgent.
For more information, please visit our FAQ page.