Cholesterol is needed by your body to build things like cell membranes and the coverings of nerve cells. But too much of the wrong kind of cholesterol can lead to heart disease.
The management of cholesterol and other lipids is not simple. Fortunately, the Lipid Clinic at URMC provides leading edge services to help people understand and control their cholesterol levels effectively.
- The Lipid Clinic at URMC is staffed by leading experts in the management of high or unusual cholesterol levels.
- We offer specialized tests to help identify the cause of high cholesterol or other lipid disorders.
- We perform blood tests that provide a more precise understanding of the different types of cholesterol in your blood, including LDL and HDL particles of different sizes and densities.
- We provide diet and exercise plans that can help to improve cholesterol levels as well as your overall health.
- Our experts can help you to better understand the benefits and risks of cholesterol-lowering drugs.
- Since lipid disorders are often inherited, we can work with your family to help prevent problems or detect them early.
- We work with you on a continuing basis to fine tune your treatment for the best results.
Who to contact
Have you been diagnosed with unhealthy cholesterol levels? Are you looking for the best ways to get your cholesterol under control? Call the Lipid Clinic at URMC at (585) 341-7700.