Instructions for Completing the Appointment Form for the PhD Qualifying Exam
The Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs must receive all paperwork for the PhD qualifying exam at least 15 full workdays prior to the date of the examination.
- Complete the form electronically.
- Use the primary departmental appointment to determine if a faculty member is internal or external.
- Obtain the signature of the Department Chair or for interdepartmental graduate programs (NSC, PTH,and TBS) obtain the signature of the Graduate Program Director. Substitutions (e.g. graduate coordinator for the program director) will not be accepted.
- Submit along with the form:
- A completed Program of Study for Master of Science degree.
- The proposal title page and abstract.
- Supplemental Grade Change Notice(s) for incomplete grades or faculty letter(s) for outstanding grade(s).
Questions related to this form should be directed to the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs at (585) 275-4522.