The Department of Imaging at the University of Rochester Medical Center is committed to improving health through excellence in image-based patient care, research, and education. We provide a complete range of services in general, diagnostic, interventional, and specialty imaging.
Preparing for Your Appointment
We schedule most studies by appointment only. The exceptions are X-rays and mammography screenings – we welcome walk-ins at any of our sites for these exams. You can schedule an appointment by calling (585) 784-2985.
When scheduling an appointment, you will be asked for:
- Your name, address and any additional patient identifiers to ensure your medical records are secure.
- The name and phone number of the physician referring you.
- Your medical insurance card information.
- Any special needs you or the patient may have (such as an interpreter).
- Any additional information as it pertains to your health and/or imaging study.
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We will advise what time you should arrive to any paperwork or preparation required prior to your exam.
We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
For life-threatening problems, please call 911 or go the nearest emergency room.