A poster session will highlight the research carried out by undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty attending the Rochester Summer Research Training Institute. Applicants are encouraged to submit abstracts on all aspects of research in biomedical and behavioral sciences, biostatistics, or population sciences (public health, epidemiology, community, and/or health disparities research). Abstracts from Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (D/HH) trainees and faculty in the biomedical and behavioral sciences or abstracts from mentors about best practices for working with and mentoring D/HH individuals are encouraged.
Monetary awards will be presented at the end of the symposium for the best poster presentations.
- Poster size 40” high by 60” wide
- All posters must have an abstract for inclusion in the Conference Program
- Poster presenter’s name must be underlined
All abstracts must be submitted electronically as a single pdf.
Abstracts must be formatted as below.
- Page Set-up: 1” left and right margins
- Title: Centered and bolded text on first line of page, followed by one blank line.
- Authors: List all (John Smith, Mary Jones and Michael Doe). Centered on page. The name of the person presenting the poster should be underlined. No blank line following.
- Institution(s): List all with Department and University affiliation, e.g. Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester, Rochester NY. Follow with two blank lines.
- Body of text: Indent for each paragraph, no blank lines between paragraphs; unjustified text; single line spacing. Limited to 300 words (additional text will be deleted).
- Font: Use only Times New Roman 12 point font. To ensure meaning, please follow symbol with its corresponding word in parentheses (i.e. alpha, beta, etc.).
Poster awards will be announced at the end of the Summer Research Training Institute, June 13th, 2017.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE May 26th, 2017