Integrative Cognitive Rehabilitation Program (ICRP)
Individuals who suffer from cognitive difficulties may feel overwhelmed, disorganized, and frustrated due to reduced information-processing abilities. Our Integrative Cognitive Rehabilitation Program offers a comprehensive, integrative and multidisciplinary approach to help individuals rebuild cognitive skills, restore physical and emotional strength to maximize independence. Our team meets weekly to discuss and modify a treatment plan that’s tailored to a patient’s needs.
If you are a provider, please download and fill out the Referral Form
to refer your patients.
Cognitive difficulties can arise from:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Surgery
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Radiation Therapy
Difficulties may include:
- Reduced ability to process information
- Reduced attention or memory
- Difficulty with planning or initiation
- Reduced organizational abilities
How ICRP Works
Individuals will have regular rehabilitation sessions with occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists. ICRP will help integrate skills and strategies into your daily routine utilizing current technology as a cognitive prosthetic. Types of electronic cognitive prosthetics include cell phone, smart phone, PDA, laptop, iPad, Kindle, Android, or other tablet. With daily and consistent implementation of cognitive strategies, ICRP participants will be able to better adapt to the demands of work and life.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
The initial ICRP clinic appointment takes approximately three hours, and includes the following:
- Evaluation of your cognitive skills by all ICRP disciplines. You will meet with experts from each of the three specialties for approximately 45 minutes each. This will give them an opportunity to get to know you and ask you some questions. You will also be asked to complete a variety of written, verbal, and physical activities in the assessment of your skills.
- At your clinic appointment, patients will be provided with the ICRP Patient Handbook, which outlines the various details and policies of the program. This packet also includes community resources that you may find helpful.
- Upon completion of your clinic appointment, the ICRP team will meet to develop a specific cognitive rehab treatment plan tailored to your individual needs.
- You will then work individually with your assigned ICRP provider/providers for regular appointments to meet your identified treatment goals.
ICRP Clinic Scheduling Process
Patients must be referred by a medical provider (a completed referral form is required).
- Once the referral is received, our admin staff will work to obtain preauthorization for the services.
- Patients will be contacted by ICRP admin staff to schedule their clinic day appointment.
- Amy Pacos Martinez, Neuropsychologist
- Sheryl Maier, Speech Pathologist
- Jaime Rosa-Campeau, Speech Pathologist
- Christopher Stavisky, Occupational Therapist
- Nancy Dukelow, Occupational Therapist
- Simon Carson, Occupational Therapist