Welcome to the Rochester Aging Research (RoAR) Center
The RoAR Center brings together investigators engaged in basic and translational aging research at the University of Rochester and surrounding geographical areas. The Center provides support for innovative and collaborative research into the mechanisms that promote longevity. It also organizes activities to foster scientific interactions, including retreats, seminar series, and the annual Aging Research Day.
- Understand basic mechanisms that determine longevity.
- Develop strategies to extend lifespan and health span by modifying the aging process.
- Develop interventions to prevent and treat illnesses associated with aging.
- Develop approaches to enhance the quality of life in older adults and optimize independence while reducing costs of care.
- Make UR a leader nationally and internationally in aging research.