Preventing cardiovascular disease is important, but knowing how and what foods to eat for better heart health can be difficult. Our registered dietitians provide information to make more heart-healthy choices, and the support to stay motivated.
What you can expect
This is a series of five group sessions, each lasting one hour and led by our experts who will:
- Introduce the principles of heart-healthy eating
- Demonstrate the function and importance of healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Describe the benefits of three recommended dietary patterns—Mediterranean, Healthy US, and Vegetarian—and how they contribute to prevention of cardiovascular, metabolic, and other chronic diseases
- Consider possible behavioral challenges to eating heart-healthy
- Explore practical meal planning to help you incorporate heart-healthy recommendations
Ready to get started?
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away:
Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this program or our other lifestyle management programs.
For University of Rochester employees:
These lifestyle management programs are available as part of the YOURhealth employee wellness program, and may be covered by your University health care plan. View the schedule of upcoming programs, confirm your eligibility, and enroll online.