Strong Recovery Team
Strong Recovery is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) that provides outpatient treatment for substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. We use a comprehensive team approach to empower individuals to choose their path to recovery.
To assist individuals in their recovery, our treatment options include: individual, group and family therapies, mental health therapy, medications for addiction treatment, stabilization service and consultation with medical clinicians who specialize in addiction psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our mission statement: “In partnership with patients, families, and the community, we promote recovery from substance use and mental health disorders through holistic, person-centered care that values diversity, teaching and research.”
Strong Recovery Team
In addition to working with our uniquely-trained faculty, fellows will be integrated into the outpatient addiction psychiatry service team at Strong Recovery. With over 80 staff members, Strong Recovery boasts a diverse interprofessional and inter-disciplinary team that includes:
- Addiction counselors (CASACs)
- Case Management
- Certified Peer Specialists
- Family Specialists
- Medical & Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Mental Health Therapists
- Nursing staff
- Psych Rehab & Vocational Therapists
This team provides care across multiple services including an opioid treatment program, primary care consultation service (SUD-PC), and adolescent and young adult service.
A great place to learn!
In addition to the addiction psychiatry fellowship, Strong Recovery provides multiple education and
training opportunities including:
- Internship programming for bachelors and masters level students
- Advanced certificate program in Addictions for Masters-prepared clinicians
- Licensure supervision (for Masters level clinicians)
- Annual Joseph Ryan Conference on Addiction Treatment
- Substance Use Disorder Education Series
- Medical student education through special electives & the patient instructors' program
- PGY-2 Psychiatry Resident Rotations
- PGY3/4 Psychiatry Resident Electives
- PGY5/6 Child and Adolescent Fellow Rotations
- Family Medicine Resident Rotations
- Adolescent Medicine Rotations