Our basic and translational research programs focus on discovering the cellular and molecular foundations of urological disease, and moving these discoveries into patient care.
Our research teams are comprised of our own M.D. and Ph.D. faculty as well as close collaborations among several departments and laboratories within the University of Rochester Medical Center. As we gain a greater understanding of the mechanisms of urological diseases and conditions, we are able to develop innovations in therapies and techniques to improve patient care.
Prostate Cancer - Development and Progression
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and LUTS
Bladder Cancer - Development and Management
Renal Carcinogenesis and Progression
Outcomes and Tests
- Chawnshang Chang, Ph.D., Whipple Professor of Pathology, Professor of Urology and of Oncology
- Yi-Fen Lee, Ph.D., Associate Professor or Urology
- Edward Messing, M.D., W.W. Scott Chair of Urology, Professor of Urology and of Pathology and Oncology
- Guan Wu, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Urology
- Shu-Yuan Yeh, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Urology
Download a PDF of our Researchers