Skip to main content
Explore URMC

Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Programs


The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Fellowship Programs at the University of Rochester Medicine Center’s (URMC) offer post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Programs include clinical, didactic and simulation education. The majority of time is clinical (approximately 75%) and the remainder didactic / simulation (25%), including on-line education sessions.

The APP Fellowship Programs at URMC will provide additional skills, training, and mentorship experience in specialty care. This is an intensive clinical program which will prepare NPs and PAs to meet the needs of culturally diverse and clinically complex patients that are typical of URMC. Fellows will work with faculty and advance practice providers with a wide variety of expertise in the specialty care experience. Additionally, the APP fellows will be on the cutting edge of health care delivery as they train to work within the URMC. It is anticipated that the fellows will show clinical growth, improved clinical confidence, and increased preparedness to care for patients in all of these locations, by the completion of the fellowship.

"My fellowship experience is one that impacted my career in the most positive way. Orthopedics is always where I wanted to start my journey in the medical field, and this fellowship gave me the opportunity to experience every aspect of the specialty. The fellowship permitted me the opportunity to work with multiple providers in all the various components of orthopedics and to gain knowledge in each of them. This gave me the ability to make my decision in the career path I wanted to go forward with at University of Rochester Orthopedics."

Caitlyn Williams, P.A.

URMC Programs

APP Fellowship Benefits

  • APP fellows are offered full employee benefits including CME allowance and paid vacation.
  • The fellowship program includes certifications such as:
    • BLS
    • ACLS (as applicable)
    • PALS (as applicable)
    • Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) (as applicable)
  • Upon successful completion of the program, fellows will potentially be offered full-time medical staff positions in the URMC.

Application Requirements

  • Fellowship applicants should be new graduate or early-career nurse practitioners or physician assistants with a strong interest in the practice specialty.
  • Applicants must be license-eligible in New York State.
  • A complete application includes a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation from a clinical educator and faculty member.

InstagramFollow us on Instagram