Group Photo of PREP Council with Dr. Palese and PREP Directors Elaine Smolock and Jacques Robert
This council will promote a sense of program ownership
- Provide trainee feedback to the Steering Committee
- Organize student-hosted seminar speakers for the PREP Council Seminar Series hosted bi-annually in the Fall and Spring
- Network with PREP alumni to connect with current PREP scholars, share their experiences, and encourage them to return as invited speakers
- Provide an inclusive environment in which all scholars can contribute to the continuous improvement of our program
PREP Council Seminar Series
Annual Diversity in Science Fall Seminar
2017 marked the inaugural Annual Diversity in Science Fall Seminar, which featured three former PREP scholars:
- Dr. Pamella Tijerina (2013; Scientific Consultant Toxicologist at CTEH, Texas),
- Dr. Joseph Jackson (2010; Postdoctoral Fellow at the NIH), and
- E’Lissa Flores (current PhD candidate at URSMD).
Transcending Limitations in the Biomedical Sciences
Our Spring seminar, titled - Transcending Limitations in the Biomedical Sciences - features an esteemed biomedical researcher from an extramural university or industry. The 2017 inaugural seminar speaker was Dr. Peter Palese, Professor and Chair of Microbiology at Mount Sinai.