Breast Pumps and Supplies
Hospital Grade Rental Pumps
Medela Symphony breast pumps are available for use during your hospital inpatient stay. For the unique needs of families with babies in the Special Care Nursery, or for those who wish to use a hospital grade breast pump after their discharge, there are various rental options in the Rochester community.
For rental pump availability and further details, please contact a local pump supplier or visit www.medelabreastfeedingus.com.
Rochester Area Breast Pump Rental Suppliers:
- Babies R Us: (585) 424-7170
- Nourish Breastfeeding Support: (585) 310-1713
- Nu-Life Medical Equipment: (585) 672-5105
- Simon's Baby Furniture: (585) 264-9250
- Walgreens (Spencerport Rd): (585) 247-1710
- Wegmans (Penfield Rd): (585) 248-3060
- Wegmans (W. Ridge Rd): (585) 723-6000
Personal Use Breast Pumps
If You Prefer To Own a Personal Breast Pump, Insurance Coverage is Available
Keep in mind that the model of breast pump you prefer may not be the model covered by insurance. Please contact your insurance company or a durable medical supplier for details about coverage. Lactation consultants can answer your questions about breast pumps during your hospital stay, or you may reach them at (585) 341-6808.
Rochester Area Insurance Pump Suppliers:
- Eastside Medical Supply: (585) 623-8936
- Fonte Health Care Solutions: (585) 338-1000
- Nu-Life Medical Equipment - (585) 672-5105
- Pediatric Medical Supply: (585) 381-3060
- United Medical Equipment: (585) 360-4900
- Westside Medical: (585) 227-8750 x103
- Your Care Medical: (585) 377-5350
Breastfeeding and pump information may also be obtained from the Monroe County W.I.C. office at (585) 753-5640.
Pump Recycling Program
Medela has partnered with Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) to donate new hospital-grade breastpumps to Ronald McDonald Houses in the U.S. based on an exciting and creative recycling program. This program, “Medela Recycles” is focused on recycling used breastpumps from participating moms. All pumps recycled through the Medela Recycles program will go toward a donation of hospital-grade Medela Symphony® Preemie+™ Breastpumps and breastfeeding supplies to Ronald McDonald Houses.
Mothers no longer needing their personal use pumps can easily participate in this opportunity by going online to www.medela.com and reading the “Introducing Medela Recycles” page. From there, they can request a shipping label for their used pump, along with shipping instructions. In addition to providing moms a dedicated resource for pump disposal and recycling, this program also allows them to make a difference in the life of another breastfeeding mom who will share those benefits with her hospitalized infant.