We are proud of our beautiful Family Maternity Center on the third floor of Highland Hospital and believe that you will be pleased with our facility. Our main goal is to make it possible for you to have the most satisfying birth experience. Whether your labor and delivery is uncomplicated, or you and your baby need some special assistance, we want you to feel comfortable and know that we can meet your needs and your baby's needs at Highland Hospital.
Our Warm Environment for a Comfortable Childbirth
- The Family Maternity Center is a 40 bed unit. There are 12 birthing rooms where women labor, give birth, and recover. You are then transferred to an attractively decorated private room for your entire hospital stay. Birthing rooms are either equipped with a whirlpool bath or shower to increase comfort in labor.
- A full range of pain relief options is available to you, including alternate therapies and epidural anesthesia if desired.
- There's 24-hour anesthesia and pediatric coverage.
- During labor and delivery, all information is entered online from each room to ensure your OB/GYN, nurses, and other members of your maternity center team have up-to-the-minute details of your progress.
- You can choose to care for your baby in your room as often as you wish. When you need to rest or prefer some time alone, our nurses will provide care in the newborn nursery.
- Your husband or other primary support person can also stay in your room 24 hours a day. We have comfortable sleep chairs if they want to spend the night with you and the baby. Download our Coach’s Tool Kit brochure
- We welcome siblings of the baby to visit however, for overnight stays, siblings require an adult guardian to remain with them.
- There are two fully equipped operating rooms nearby for women who have Cesarean deliveries or other operative procedures. After a Cesarean delivery, mother and baby go to one of our fully furnished suites for the remainder of their stay.
- You, your family, and visitors will feel at home in your private room and in our warm, spacious, and inviting lounge areas.
- To help you prepare for your stay, download our suggested packing list for mom and baby
- Patient pick-up and drop off is available at the main entrance to the hospital. Parking is available in the hospital ramp garage. Free parking is available on the day of discharge with the baby. Please note, we do not offer parking vouchers for visitors, but a 24 hour pass can be purchased from the garage attendant.