A Post-Doctoral Position is open in the Maquat lab at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY. Applicants should hold a PhD or MD/PhD degree(s) and have expertise in molecular, cellular or structural biology to study one of a number of on-going projects, including but not limited to microRNA decay, FMRP function in Fragile X Mental Retardation, enhancer RNA function, RNP structure, and post-transcriptional regulatory steps mediated by SINE-containing lncRNAs. A background in computational biology is a plus but not required.
Interested individuals should submit:
- A complete curriculum vitae
- The names and email addresses of three references (applicants should state their relationship to each)
- A description of RNA research experience, including experimental approaches and technologies with which the applicant has experience
Successful applicants will join a very productive, interactive lab and a lively, supportive RNA community that consists of more than 25 labs spanning the University of Rochester Medical Center and the adjacent Colleges of Arts & Sciences and Engineering. The Maquat lab offers an outstanding research environment and excellent opportunities to collaborate with basic scientists and clinicians.
Please submit applications to Laura Neville
The University of Rochester is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
- Eukaryotic antisense ahead of its time.Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 17, 204. (2016 Apr 01).
- Coupling pre-mRNA splicing and 3' end formation to mRNA export: alternative ways to punch the nuclear export clock.Genes Dev. 30, 487-8. (2016 Mar 01).
- Retrotransposons as regulators of gene expression.Science. 351, aac7247. (2016 Feb 12).