What Makes Our Approach to Primary Care So Different?
UR Medicine Primary Care provides the area with a new and proactive approach to primary care. In fact, we are the first primary care center in the area to be Level 3 certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance—the highest rating for this new model of care.
- Your care is led by a primary care doctor whose goal is to keep you healthy—not just treat you once you become sick.
- Each of our doctors is supported by one or more Care Managers—highly experienced registered nurses who are able to work with you on an ongoing basis to help with issues like losing weight or controlling high blood sugar.
- Our doctors are also supported by the area's most advanced medical records system. As a result, they are able to track health issues more effectively and contact you when needed—for example, when you are overdue for a mammogram or a colonoscopy.
- With these people and systems in place, we are making it possible for our care providers to spend more time with patients.
- This approach is also helping us to attract the best and brightest doctors—doctors who are excited about the opportunity to have a bigger impact on the health of their patients.
Does this sound like the kind of primary care practice you would like to have? Then please contact us. We are accepting patients at practices throughout the area.
To find a primary care physician near you, contact us at (585) 784-8891 or toll-free at 1-888-661-6162.
Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award
UR Medicine Primary Care is a three-time recipient of the Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award!
The UR Primary Care Network has earned Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award, ranking in the top 5 percent for Patient Experience in care delivery compared with similar programs across the country for the third consecutive year. This nationally recognized symbol of achievement in health care is awarded annually to Press Ganey clients who have sustained patient satisfaction scores in the 95th percentile or higher for a full year.
"Consistently exceeding patient expectations is a tall order for a primary care network of our scope and size," said UR Medicine Primary Care Director Wallace E. Johnson, M.D. "This award is evidence of our team’s commitment to understanding and serving the needs of each and every patient who entrusts us with their care. Patient experience is critical to quality improvement and earning this recognition affirms our progress in this area and inspires us to become even better."
Preventing the flu this year will be more important than ever before. In the fall, we usually see an increase in cases of the flu, the common cold, and allergies. But this year, we could also see a spike in COVID-19 cases. So as we head into the new season, we all need to do our part to prevent the spread of these illnesses.
Learn More About the Flu Vaccine