Single Cell Genomics
Why Choose Single Cell?
The Genomics Research Center is always researching and finding new methods for single cell research. The following platforms are currently available at the GRC.
10X Chromium Controller
The 10X Chromium system is a droplet based system capable of capturing up to 10,000 cells per capture.
Current Capabilities of this platform:
1. Single Cell Gene Expression Profiling
2. Single Cell Immune Profiling
3. Single Cell CNV
4. Single Cell ATAC
Learn more about the 10X Chromium System
10X Capture Sample Preparation Considerations:
- Capture 1,000 - 10,000 cells with capture rate of ~65%
- Flow sort prior to capture, if possible (isolate particular cell types, remove dead cells)
- Bring GRC single cell suspension with viability >70%
10X releases 3' CellPlex:
Pool up to 12 samples and capture as many as 30,000 cells per channel. Learn more about the 3' CellPlex from 10X Genomics.
Cell Hashing, CITEseq, and Feature Barcoding Options:
Options available for multiplexing to lower capture costs and increase cluster identification:
- Cell Hashing: Oligo-tagged antibodies* bind ubiquitously expressed surface proteins allow for unique labeling of samples that can be pooled for a single 10X capture
- CITEseq: Cellular Indexing of Transcriptomes and Epitopes by Sequencing. Antibody* bound oligos act as synthetic transcripts for detection of proteins in quantitative readout.
- Feature Barcoding: 10X version of CITEseq - cell surface protein expression and gene expression from same cell.
*Contact us for more information about our preferred vendors for antibodies.
For more information about single cell experiment project design or to schedule a 10X capture, please contact us.
Isolate up to 800 individual cells and examine for viability, surface markers, or reporter genes. Flexible options for mRNA sequencing, DNA sequencing, epigenetics and miRNA expression. Focus on cell diversity, tissue heterogeneity, gene specific expression, isoform expression, epigenetic analysis, and genomic variants.
Learn more about the Fluidigm C1 System
Mission Bio Tapestri
Targeted Single-Cell DNA Panels with catalog and customizable content.
Solid Tumor Profiling
Learn more about the Tapestri Platform
BD Rhapsody Single Cell System
Capture and index single cells using magnetic beads. Analyze gene expression of thousands of cells using predesigned or customized assays. Downstream analysis using Rhapsody system analysis software.
Learn more about the BD Rhapsody Platform
An example of a plate based method is Smart-seq2. In this approach, single cells are placed into each well of a 96-well plate through flow sorting or micro capillary pipetting. With this approach, full length transcripts are captured which allows for detection of splice variants and investigation of SNPs. This method still utilizes the capture of poly(A) RNA and does not indicate strand orientation. Please contact us for more information about this single cell approach.