Zhengwu Zhang, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
Ph.D. (2015) Florida State University
University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU 420630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4169
Phone: (585) 276-6588
Fax: (585) 273-1031
My main interests lie in developing statistical methods for high-dimensional “objects” with low-dimensional underlying structures, e.g. images, contours, surfaces, networks and time-indexed paths on non-linear manifolds. These datatypes are abundant in various fields: neuroscience, epidemiology, genomics, meteorology and computer vision. Interdisciplinary thinking across different fields, e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, is the key to solve challenges raised from efficiently analyzing such "objects".
Full List of Publications
A complete list of recent publications is available through my URMC Profile.
- Z. Zhang, J. Su, H. Le, E. Klassen, A. Srivastava. "Rate-Invariant Analysis of Covariance Trajectories", Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, accepted, 2018.
- Z. Zhang, M. Descoteaux, J. Zhang, G. Girard, M. Chamberland, D. Dunson, A. Srivastava, H. Zhu, "Mapping Population-based Structural Connectomes", Neuroimage, 172:130-145, 2018.
- X. Dong, Z. Zhang, A. Srivastava. "Bayesian Tractography Using Geometric Shape Priors", Frontiers in Neuroscience, 2017.
- Z. Zhang, E. Klassen, A. Srivastava, "Phase-Amplitude Separation and Modeling of Spherical Trajectories", Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 2017.
- M. Dai, Z. Zhang, A. Srivastava, "Discovering Change-Point Patterns in Dynamic Functional Brain Connectivity of a Population", Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI), 2017.
- M. Dai, Z. Zhang, A. Srivastava, "Testing Stationarity of Brain Functional Connectivity Using Change-Point Detection in fMRI Data" (Oral Presentation, one of 4 selected papers), Diff-CVML workshop, CVPR, 2016.
- A. Duncan, Z. Zhang, A. Srivastava, "An Elastic Riemannian Framework for Shape Analysis of Curves and Tree-Like Structures", Algorithmic Advances in Riemannian Geometry and Applications, Oct. 2016.
- Z. Zhang, D. Pati, A. Srivastava, "Bayesian Clustering of Shapes of Curves", Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 2015.
- Z. Zhang, A. Srivastava, Q. Xie. "Elastic Registration and Shape Analysis of Functional Objects", Geometry Driven Statistics, 2015.
- S. Joshi, J. Su, Z. Zhang, B. Amor. "Elastic Shape Analysis of Functions, Curves and Trajectories", Riemannian Computing in Computer Vision, 2015.
- Z. Zhang, D. Pati, A. Srivastava. "Bayesian Clustering of Shapes of Curves", Nonparametric Bayesian Inference in Biostatistics, 2015.
- Z. Zhang, E. Klassen, A. Srivastava. "Blurring-Invariant Comparisons of Signals and Images". IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol 22, No. 8, 2013.
- Z. Zhang, E. Klassen, A. Srivastava, P.K. Turaga, R. Chellappa. "Blurring-Invariant Riemannian Metrics for Comparing Signals and Images", International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2011:1770-1775, Barcelona, Spain, 2011.
- C. Xu, Z. Zhang, J. Liu, X. Tang. "3D Object Search Through Semantic Component", ACM Multimedia, 2010.
Last updated: April 17, 2018