Early Arthritis Clinic
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Rheumatoid arthritis is one cause of joint pain and swelling but there are others. The doctors in the Early Arthritis Clinic have the tools to determine what kind of arthritis you have. Our team is committed to providing you with the very best care possible—care that is centered around you and your needs, helping your symptoms and keeping you healthy. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent damage to the joints and keep you active.
Conditions We Treat
We see people with pain and swelling in their joints that is new.
This clinic is for you if you have:
- New pain and swelling in your joints
- New stiffness in your joints in the morning
- Symptoms that do not get better with the things you are trying at home
- Tests that can help determine what kind of arthritis you have, including an ultrasound test
- Information for you and your family about your illness and treatment
- Information about studies being done on arthritis and on medications to treat it
- Arthritis is pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a common type of arthritis.
- RA is an autoimmune illness. This means your immune system, whose job is to fight infections, attacks your healthy cells and tissues.
- It is more common in women than men.
- It can be difficult to diagnose especially when it first starts.
- There are very good treatments to manage arthritis.
If you have any questions about your arthritis or your treatment, ask your doctor. You may also find this information from the American College of Rheumatology helpful.